Welcome to the OJHS Website and our first Historical Driving Tour around the area you know as “home.” This is an interactive tour and the more “fun” you put into it, the more “fun” you can have. So be creative and use your imagination to step back to a time when Oregon and Jerusalem Township was a wooded forest and the dirt roads followed Indian Trails.
Registration: by October 14
Tour Dates: October 1-28
Visit all 10 and enter to win!
There are 10 destination sites. Follow the Clue to each destination. Once you arrive, prove you found it by taking a photo or short video as directed in the clue. Need more help? Click into the “Want to Learn More” box. After you have completed the tour, upload your photos and videos from all 10 destinations to Facebook and tag @OREC to be entered in raffle drawings worth more than $1000. Prizes will be drawn on October 31 on OREC Facebook Live from 1 – 3 pm.
Complete the tour on multiple days or to be entered in the grand prize drawing of a one night stay at Maumee Bay State Park, challenge your group to take the entire tour in one day and time yourself while doing it. Enter your finish time in your Facebook post.
OJHS is hosting a “Sweet Ending Drive-Thru” on October 31 from 1 -3 pm for all tour participants. We encourage tour participants to dress up in your favorite Halloween Costumes and travel to Brandville School Museum at 1133 Grasser Street for a drive thru party with historical characters, vignettes and Halloween Candy (think of the train ride at Cedar Point –it will be much like that).
OJHS is excited to bring local history to life for you and your group.
Rules for Fun
To be entered in our drawing for prizes, your family MUST:
- Register at: https://oregonrec.recdesk.com/Community/Program
- Solve the clues to ALL 10 destinations.
- Take a fun picture of the 10 destinations with your family as noted on the “Clues“.
- Time yourself
- Post those 10 pictures and videos and your time on Facebook tagging @oregonrec.
If your family or group completes ALL 5 tasks, you will be added into our awesome raffle prize drawing. The fastest time winners will be entered into the grand prize drawing for a free night’s stay at Maumee Bay State Park. All registered participants are invited to our “Sweet Ending to your Tour Halloween Drive Thru” at Brandville School Museum Complex on October 31st from 1 -3 pm for character vignettes and Halloween goodie bags.
Local business prizes will be raffled to those families who complete the tour!
- 4 East YMCA Swim Lessons (Value: $75-$85)
- 2 $25 Dairy Depot Gift Cards (Sponsored by Martin & Martin Insurance)
- Oregon Rec Family Swag Bags
- 2 Combo Packs from Mind Over Core ($50 Value)
- 2 Sundance Drive-In Tickets for 2021 season
- Nye Dance One Month FREE tuition
- $50 Gift Card Open Arms Wellness Center & Yoga Loft
- One Hour Massage with Massage by Kathleen Pollauf, LMT ($65 Value)
- Mani & Pedi to the Future Wave Salon
- $50 Gift Card to Three Girlz Urban Living
- Free Annual Family Membership to the Brandville School Museum Complex ($30 Value)
- 2 Tickets to the Brandville School Spring Tea
- $50 Gift Card to mrEmblem
- BEST TIME PRIZE: A FREE Night at Maumee Bay Lodge & Conference Center
Your 10 Stops
“Sweet Ending to the Tour” Halloween Drive Thru
WHEN: Saturday, October 31
TIME: 1-3 p.m.
PLACE: Brandville School Museum Complex
1133 Grasser St. Oregon, OH 43616
- Drive-Thru Brandville School Museum Complex
- Historical Characters and vignettes and Halloween Goodie Bags. Free!!
- Costumes Encouraged
- Facebook Live Raffle Drawing for PRIZES! (We will mail prizes to the WINNERS. You must be registered.)
A View of The Past
Stop by to see the community’s extensive collection of historical artifacts, period tools and fashion, and the stories of Oregon’s first families.